Did the Governing Body Pass the test?

An open area for discussion covering a wide variety of topics for all who are interested in sharing their thoughts on the Bible, by way of "rightly dividing" God's Word of Truth. (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV)

Moderator: CE Administration

Apollyon (Rev. 9:11)
Chef-In-Training
Chef-In-Training

Post by Apollyon (Rev. 9:11) »

How would you answer if you were giving the test ?

For additional information, please see link below:

The Governing Body Arrangement -- Is It Scriptural?

Agape,
6th Angel
"...say to the sixth angel, who had the trumpet: Untie the four angels that are bound at the GREAT RIVER EUPHRATES." -- Revelation 9:14
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

After the last 30 years of my being ivolved with the Jehovahs' Witness faith , I will have to say NO.
If they were faithful, they would have stood up for Jehovahs' laws, regardless of the outcome. Instead, the fear of man has held them back from receiving the appointment. Jesus has found the slave in an unclean state. I cannot judge the Governing Body on an individual basis, but if there is any of the Faithful slave class there...they sure have a lot to answer for.

The Abuse cases
The NGO

Just my views.

Stinger
Madmary1
YORWW Bible Academy Graduate (Alumni)
YORWW Bible Academy Graduate (Alumni)

Post by Madmary1 »

Stinger wrote:After the last 30 years of my being ivolved with the Jehovahs' Witness faith , I will have to say NO.
If they were faithful, they would have stood up for Jehovahs' laws, regardless of the outcome. Instead, the fear of man has held them back from receiving the appointment. Jesus has found the slave in an unclean state. I cannot judge the Governing Body on an individual basis, but if there is any of the Faithful slave class there...they sure have a lot to answer for.

The Abuse cases
The NGO

Just my views.

Stinger
Oh Stinger...don't get me started...lol! :mrgreen: This is a big subject to enlarge on but I will try to keep it short and not too sweet. :puke

First of all...the Sanhedrin, of Jesus' day, is the GB's counter-part. :shock: Both were not biblically scriptural. :shock:Both are and were used to keep God's people, both today and the first century in a spiritual slavery.:shock: Both are an illegal and unscriptural arrangement. :shock:

And to top that mouthful off, in Jesus' day, satan used this arrangement to put Jehovah God's own son on trial. :pale :pale :pale

I could go on and on but for more info see the WT-CD, the Sept. 1, 1996 Watchtower pages 12-13 under the subheading, "The Pollution of Pharisaism," as this explains the Sanhedrin's power in the first century. Plus you will see many similarities between the Sanhedrin and the Governing Body.

We also have an article on the GB that you may find helpful, here is the link:

The Governing Body Arrangement -- Is it Scriptural?

Then on the other hand, just scripturally-speaking, you mentioned...
  • 1914 - which is a BIG LIE!
  • Child Abuse Cases - which (I see as) is downright EVIL!
  • NGO/UN Situation - which is "spiritual adultery in God's Eyes!
...just to name a few 'sins' off-hand. But according to the scriptures IF the WT's GB were truly anointed then this would be the case, would it not??? :huh :dontknow

1 John 3:9 Everyone who has been born from God does not carry on sin, because His [reproductive] seed remains in such one, and he cannot practice sin, because he has been born from God.

Personally, I like to think the scriptures speaks for themselves and that one above tells me something is NOT RIGHT with the GB. :nope Also 1 John 3:3, says that anointed ones would be "continually purifying" themselves. I just don't see the GB doing that, do you???

But that just my opinion, lol, as some feel that the NGO was not a "big deal" also. That is when I say, (disclamer: IMHO) "then you would believe your wife when she says, 'so what if I have been sleeping with mailman for 10 years, nothing happened!' I guess I am just not that gullible to believe such and would have to get some boots on." :laughing :laugh :funny :laughing3 :laughing :laugh :funny :laughing3

Well, looks like they did not pass... :dis

Agape,
Madmary1
:waycool
Are they Hebrews? I am one also. Are they Israelites? I am one also.
Are they Abraham’s seed? I am also.

(2 Corinthians 11:22)

Return to “Forum 5: Jehovah's Witnesses [Main Forum]”