July 1st, 2004 Watchtower: Go Make Disciples

An open area for discussion covering a wide variety of topics for all who are interested in sharing their thoughts on the Bible, by way of "rightly dividing" God's Word of Truth. (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV)

Moderator: CE Administration

Madmary1
YORWW Bible Academy Graduate (Alumni)
YORWW Bible Academy Graduate (Alumni)

July 1st, 2004 Watchtower: Go Make Disciples

Post by Madmary1 »

"GO & MAKE DISCIPLES" CAREFULLY CONSIDERED
Article take from: July 1st, 2004 Watchtower Magazine

This article uses the scriptures from Matthew 28:18-19 as it’s basis.

Much about this article upset me. First was the misinterpretation of scriptures that making disciples was the so-called “Door to door” work. I think the Societies interpretation of Acts 5:42 and 20:20 are very questionable but that is another subject, lol.

Second is the usage of Matthew 28:18 which reads:

18 And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.

The Society uses it in a way to emphasize their own false teaching of 1914. They say (see paragraph 4) that Jehovah God gave Jesus this power to use in 1914. Nowhere in the bible does it say that Jesus ever waited around for approximately 2,000 years to use this God given power. Jesus just says he has this power in the first century. In fact if you look at other scriptures like Romans 1:4 and Psalms 2:6-7, you see that Jesus was given that power at his resurrection in the first century NOT in 1914.

Under the second subheading entitled “Convincing Reasons and Proper Motives,” brings me to the third reason for this article as being ‘upsetting to me.’ In paragraph 9 and I quote…“Today, we likewise do not use fear or similar negative emotions, such as guilt and shame, to coerce other into obeying Christ. Only whole-souled obedience based on love for God and Christ makes Jehovah’s heart rejoice.--Matt. 22:37”

I know that every kingdom hall is different BUT you know and I know that if you do not turn in hours at the end of the month, let alone make the suggested 10-12 quotas expected of every Jehovah’s Witness…then you would be shunned…even marked as not being “good association.” That is what I call the “kettle calling itself BLACK”!!! Is that not ‘shame and guilt’ being used as motivation or am I mistaken? Or I suppose this is one of those ‘unwritten laws’ that are much like the Pharisee’s oral laws from the first century. But that is a whole other subject, lol.

Which brings me to the Fourth reason that I got upset reading this article…under the subheading “Out of All the Languages” and in paragraph 13, the Society boasts of publishing their own literature in 400 languages. Which is all ‘well and good’ if you do not take into consideration that the Watchtower Society is suppose to be promoting “God’ Word” with bible studies and announcing Jehovah’s Kingdom, right??? So guest how many languages the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society produces the bible in??? Take a guest…go ahead. How does only 41 languages sit with you? Yes, I said ONLY 41 LANGUAGES. So then I have to because I cannot resist, ask the question “who’s words is the WTS trying to promote…Jehovah God’s or their own??? Good Questions, huh?!!!

I am sorry but that Watchtower Study article was just too upsetting to continue reading any farther for me. I wonder how far Jehovah God read it before getting upset with the hypocrisy of it all??? Just an extra large thought I had and thought it was worth mentioning.

Strawberry Girl
:waycool
Are they Hebrews? I am one also. Are they Israelites? I am one also.
Are they Abraham’s seed? I am also.

(2 Corinthians 11:22)

Return to “Forum 5: Jehovah's Witnesses [Main Forum]”