Why Don't They Want to See the Connection?

An open area for discussion covering a wide variety of topics for all who are interested in sharing their thoughts on the Bible, by way of "rightly dividing" God's Word of Truth. (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV)

Moderator: CE Administration

Patrick

Post by Patrick »

All Jehovah's witnesses are very familiar with the bible's command found at Revelation 18:4. However, I have found all Jehovah's witnesses are NOT very familiar with the contents of Revelation 11:8 and how it sheds light on their understanding of "Babylon" per say.

We remember the message of warning found at Revelation 18:4 which says:

"...Get out of her my people if you do not want to share with her in her sins and receive part of her plagues."

But ask yourself, how many Jehovah's witnesses have taken the time to ponder the real meaning the words: "my people."

Wouldn't you think the expression: "My people," give rise to the thought of this particular people being God's Name People, the nation of Israel?

Wasn't it the nation of Israel, that was held in "captivity" by the Babylonian armies of years past?

Throughout the Bible, Jehovah makes reference to his people being called His People, or God's Name People. Here are a few examples: "And they must place my name upon the sons of Israel" (Numbers 6:27), "and my people upon whom my name has been called" (2 Chronicles 7:14), "A people for his name" (Acts 15:14)

During the first century, Jehovah sent his son-Jesus--to the nation of Israel. In the book of Luke, Jesus read from the book of Isaiah. At Luke 4:18, Jesus stated, "he sent me forth to preach a release to the captives and a recovery of sight to the blind, to send the crushed ones away with a release to preach Jehovah's acceptable year." The words "preach a release to the captives" and "crushed ones away with a release" are interesting words when thinking about ancient Babylon who once enslaved the nation of Israel, "God's People."

All Jehovah's Witnesses should remember what happen to ancient Israel when they fell into apostasy in the eyes of their God-Jehovah God. 2 Kings tells much of the story about ancient Israel-God's people--being taken into captivity by Babylon. "King of Babylon proceeded to bring them to Babylon." (2 Kings 24:16)

Ironically, Revelation 11:8 describes a situation that took place in the first century. The words "great city" and "where their Lord was also impaled" are interesting words when thinking about the words "God's people" and "Babylon." Amazingly, the words "great city" are used in the book of Revelation eight times!!!

After pondering over Jesus' message found at Luke 4:18 and Revelation 11:8, the word "Babylon" should come "ringing" to mind. Jehovah's Witnesses understand that Jesus was sent forth to the nation of Israel-first century Jews. And Jehovah's Witnesses also know Jesus felt much pity for them. Matthew 9:36 describes their situation, "On seeing the crowds he felt pity for them, because they were skinned and thrown about like sheep without a shepherd." No wonder Jesus read from 61st chapter of Isaiah!!!

After carefully considering key scriptures in the Bible, a good listener should be able to pick up on a pattern-one that deals with God's people and Babylon. During different time periods, Jehovah uses Babylon like a golden cup (Jeremiah 51:7) After this period has ended, Jehovah then sends a prophet with a message of liberation from their state of captivity. That is the pattern.

Now during our modern-age, a similar situation exists. Ever since 1931, a group of people know as the International Bible Students took the Divine name of God upon themselves-Jehovah. (Isaiah 43:10) Yes, God's people--Jehovah's Witnesses--have taken an oath to Jehovah and to do his will. In addition, Jehovah's Witnesses have willingly submitted to the Watchtower Society Inc. in order to serve the Divine and only true God--Jehovah. Amazing!!!

The connection to our modern-age should be an easy one to follow if we can simply connect the "dots" by using what the word of God teaches within the Bible about "God's people" and "Babylon." Just remember, in different past time periods, "God's people" were sent off into captivity under the powerful nation of Babylon. The Bible teaches us that Babylon came to be the chief instrument used by God. Jehovah considers this instrument-Babylon-as a golden cup for a specified amount of time to administer this discipline from God. (Jeremiah 51:7)

Therefore, by using this pattern-the connection-- taught within God's word, the correct identity to our modern-day Babylon The Great--and age-old "religious secret" [mysterion]-should be obvious to the reader who is a good listener.

Agape,

Patrick

Return to “Forum 5: Jehovah's Witnesses [Main Forum]”