Feb. 15, 2000 Watchtower: "Stay Out Of The Danger Zone!"

An open area for discussion covering a wide variety of topics for all who are interested in sharing their thoughts on the Bible, by way of "rightly dividing" God's Word of Truth. (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV)

Moderator: CE Administration

Patrick

Feb. 15, 2000 Watchtower: "Stay Out Of The Danger Zone!"

Post by Patrick »

"Stay Out Of The Danger Zone!"

Link to Feb. 15th, 2000 Watchtower Article: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2000121

The February 15, 2000 Watchtower Magazine contains an article entitled, “Stay Out of The Danger Zone!” A subheading within this article talks about taking refuge and what it involves.

The first paragraph within the sub-heading Take Refuge Now reads, “To take refuge by seeking Jehovah, we have to be his friends. What does that involve? The Bible answers: “Do you not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God.” (James 4:4) To be friends of God, we must rid ourselves of any emotional attachment to the present wicked world, characterized by a rebellious attitude toward God.”

The above paragraph begins by talking about how we can take refuge in Jehovah by seeking his friendship. It then mentions James 4:4 and then goes on to say that we must rid ourselves of any emotional attachment of the world. Finally, the paragraph ends with the words, “rebellious attitude toward God”--a bad quality that God’s people, Jehovah’s Witnesses, do not desire nor teach to others.

A well known organization that Jehovah’s Witnesses are familiar with that carries a rebellious attitude toward Jehovah God is the United Nations. Jehovah’s Witnesses have said much about this worldly organization. A Watchtower article dated November 15, 1963 titled ”The Resolution” states in paragraph 5 that The United Nations “stands for world sovereignty by political men” and that Jehovah’s Witnesses will continue “refusing to engage in such idolatrous worship…”

Here are a few quotes from the book, Revelation It’s Grand Climax at Hand:

“League of Nations and its successor, the United Nations. What blasphemy to proclaim, as recent popes have done, that this man-made body is the nations’ sole hope for peace! It staunchly opposes God’s Kingdom. Those who worship it become spiritually unclean”
pg 223

“The UN does not have the answers. And why? Because the Giver of life to all mankind is not the UN’s life-giver. Its life span will be short, for according to God’s decree, “it is to go off into destruction” pg. 248

“The UN is actually a blasphemous counterfeit of God’s Messianic Kingdom” pg. 248

Spiritually unclean, off into destruction, and counterfeit of God’s Messianic Kingdom, are most unpleasant words when thinking about wanting to serve Jehovah—right? A [true] friend of Jehovah would remain faithful to him and not display any acts of loyalty to a counterfeit organization like this—wouldn’t you say? Jehovah would never share his glory with the United Nations. As Isaiah 42:8 puts it, “No one else shall I give my own Glory.” So why would anybody wanting to be a [true] friend of Jehovah God want to have anything to do with the United Nations?

Since the fall of 2001, more and more Jehovah’s Witnesses are discovering a surprising fact that deals with the Watchtower Society Inc. Jehovah’s Witnesses are finding out that the Governing Body had a serious emotional-attachment affair with a worldly organization. Yes, the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses secretly joined with the United Nations as an NGO from 1991 up to 2001. The leaders of the Watchtower Society Inc.—the Governing Body—was joined with a worldly organization for 10 years!!!. Just think, the United Nations represents a counterfeit of God’s Messianic Kingdom. Why would the Watchtower Society’s Governing Body join with the United Nations? Was this act on the Governing Body’s part to gain a closer friendship with Jehovah God or the world?

Becoming an NGO for the United Nations is no small matter. As Paul Hoeffel--Chief NGO Department of Public Information--stated in his United Nations web letter addressing this issue that the principle purpose of being a NGO is to “increase public understanding of the principles, activities and achievements of the United Nations and its Agencies.” Additional criteria for NGO status includes: “a demonstrated interest in United Nations issues and a proven ability to reach large or specialized audiences, such as educators, media representatives…” and “have the commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes about UN activities by publishing newsletters, bulletins and pamphlets…” Hefty requirements don’t you think?

Jehovah Witnesses should absolutely take the Governing Body’s NGO affair seriously. In the eyes of Jehovah God, this is very serious business!!! Surely, Jehovah is very upset about this situation and the Governing Body since their act of unfaithfulness would be considered spiritual adultery—an act of high treason in Jehovah’s eyes. (James 4:4

But what about the Jehovah’s Witness who knew nothing about this situation--somebody might say. They never joined with the United Nations did they? After all, Jehovah’s Witnesses have taken an oath to serve Jehovah God. They do not want to be friends with the world—right?

Well, this NGO sin on the Governing Body’s part is a very large sin because the Governing Body willingly joined and therefore had a spiritual affair with an organization that represents a counterfeit Kingdom of God and was able to keep it hidden for 10 years!!! Community guilt can be applied here because Spiritually Adultery in God’s eyes is a very serious sin.

Let’s take the account of the secret sin of Achan. Achan’s secret sin of unfaithfulness respecting the things devoted to destruction— a garment, silver & gold that he hid in his tent--caused calamity upon the entire nation of Israel and caused Jehovah to grow hot against Israel. Before this situation got resolved, it got so bad that it caused the heart of the people to melt and became as water. (Joshua 7:1-20)

Leviticus 4:3 is quite an interesting verse when thinking about community sin. The verse talks about the sinning of the high priest—the anointed one. It mentions that if the anointed one sins he can bring guiltiness upon the people. Amazing, wouldn’t you say? So here in this verse Jehovah teaches us that if a high priest—an anointed one—sins it can really bring guilt upon the people. Just think, today we have the Governing Body which claims to be anointed—right?

Jehovah’s Witnesses are God’s people and they should be able to discern that the Governing Body—leaders within the Watchtower Society Inc.—can bring guilt upon the entire nation of Jehovah’s Witnesses if they were to commit a serious sin like the NGO sin.

Therefore, since the fall of 2001, Jehovah’s Witnesses should be very worried about staying out of the danger zone. Their leaders—the Governing Body—has committed a grave, adulteresses sin in the eyes of Jehovah God. The Governing Body joined with the United Nations for 10 years—an organization that represents a counterfeit of God’s Kingdom--and they did it in secret trying to hide their evil sin. Leviticus 4:3 is a warning that can happen to God’s people when a high priest sins. An act of sin on the part of a high priest, the anointed—the Governing Body—can bring guiltiness upon the people namely Jehovah’s Witnesses. By bringing community guilt upon God’s people, the Governing Body—wickedly--has made Jehovah’s Witnesses a part of the world, cost them to lose their friendship with Jehovah God, and placed them in the danger zone.

Philia,

Patrick
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Jehovah Witnesses should absolutely take the Governing Body’s NGO affair seriously. In the eyes of Jehovah God, this is very serious business!!! Surely, Jehovah is very upset about this situation and the Governing Body since their act of unfaithfulness would be considered spiritual adultery—an act of high treason in Jehovah’s eyes. (James 4:4

The WTBTS belongs to the devil. Further Jesus Christ is in charge, he received all authority from his father!
Apollyon (Rev. 9:11)
Chef-In-Training
Chef-In-Training

Post by Apollyon (Rev. 9:11) »

Rooster-

How right you are!

What I have experienced since learning of the UN/NGO affair, when mentioning it to JW's in my congregation, some family members and close friends, is that almost all of them just shrug it off as no big deal. And many say, well, Jehovah will just take care of it....

Well...YES HE WILL, NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT!!! But, what stand will YOU take? Will YOU stay and keep quiet like the "society" wants you to do? Not talking about it, not making waves? Not questioning the actions of the Governing Body? Protecting the "Lie", help keep this "covered up"?

Or will you recognize that this is a "disgusting" thing? Will you know that Jehovah is sure to punish this sin? And, as Revelation 18:4 says, will you "Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues."

Oh yes, Jehovah will take care of it, but he's waiting to see how many will love Him and His word enough to listen to it instead of listening to the "Watchtower Organization" which is made up of men. I don't know about you, but I'd feel a lot safer listening to Jehovah.

Now Rooster, this isn't directed at you, cuz you see the issues...I just wanted to let you know that the most common response I've gotten has been, not only "well, Jehovah will take care of it". The worst and more common response has been those accusing ME of being "Apostate" because of questioning the actions of the GB. Hey, I didn't do this, but I sure want to understand what is happening here, recognizing that there is "community guilt" among all of us, and distance myself from this lawlessness so I don't "receive part of her plagues"!!!!

Agape,
6th Angel
"...say to the sixth angel, who had the trumpet: Untie the four angels that are bound at the GREAT RIVER EUPHRATES." -- Revelation 9:14

Return to “Forum 5: Jehovah's Witnesses [Main Forum]”