Jesus Preached "Liberation" From Babylon

This forum is devoted to the task of identifying Mysterious Babylon The Great in our modern day and times and plainly demonstrating what is required today for one to actually "Cross Over" the Great Symbolic "Euphrates" of our times. -- Rev. 9:14

Moderator: CE Administration

Apollyon (Rev. 9:11)
Chef-In-Training
Chef-In-Training

Jesus Preached "Liberation" From Babylon

Post by Apollyon (Rev. 9:11) »

Jesus Preached "Good News" of "Liberation" from Babylon

The publication: Isaiah's Prophecy -- Light for All Mankind, volume 2, page 322, paragraph 4 makes the following comment:

"... Isaiah writes: “The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me, for the reason that Jehovah has anointed me to tell good news to the meek ones. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to those taken captive and the wide opening of the eyes even to the prisoners.” (Isaiah 61:1) Who is the one commissioned to tell good news? Likely, in the first instance it is Isaiah, who is inspired by God to record good news for the captives in Babylon. However, Jesus pointed to the most important fulfillment when he applied Isaiah’s words to himself. (Luke 4:16-21) Yes, Jesus was sent forth to tell good news to the meek, and to this end he was anointed with holy spirit at his baptism.—Matthew 3:16, 17."

We recall the above bible text the Watchtower Society is speaking on is drawn from Isaiah 61:1-2 which says:

(Isaiah 61:1-2) 61 The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me, for the reason that Jehovah has anointed me to tell good news to the meek ones. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to those taken captive and the wide opening [of the eyes] even to the prisoners; 2 to proclaim the year of goodwill on the part of Jehovah and the day of vengeance on the part of our God; to comfort all the mourning ones;

We notice in verse 1, it says to “proclaim liberty to those taken captive and a wide opening of eyes even to prisoners.” As shown above, these scriptures are explained by the Watchtower Society as a special message of “good news for the captives in Babylon” who are ‘liberated’ from captivity to Babylon...for those returning from Exile in Babylon. This was to be a message of comfort and hope for the Jewish nation, after leaving captivity in Babylon. Therefore, this message then, became a message of "good news" of release from captivity from Babylon, originally, as penned by the prophet Isaiah. This is how we are to understand these verses...the "good news" of release from captivity to Babylon, as shown in Isaiah 61:1.

However, we are also reminded that at Luke 4:18, Jesus applied these SAME WORDS to his "ministry" to the nation of Israel, in the first century. We remember, Jesus said:

(Luke 4:18) “Jehovah’s spirit is upon me, because he anointed me to declare good news to the poor, he sent me forth to preach a release to the captives and a recovery of sight to the blind, to send the crushed ones away with a release,

Now, we must ask ourselves an important question: Why did Jesus apply these words, the words from Isaiah 61:1, 2 to his own ministry in the first century?

Could it be, Jesus was too, in a "liberation" work...liberating spiritual "captives" from a sort of spiritual "Babylon" ... of his time? Could this be possible?

Yes, just as the scripture says, Jesus preached the "good news" of “liberation” to the Jewish nation who were in SPIRITUAL CAPTIVITY to the religious leaders of his day. Jesus preached a message of "liberation" from a spiritual "Babylon" of his time. And thus, Jesus "liberated" his spiritual brothers from an oppressive, religious system, that enslaved the people of his day...those that took away the "key of knowledge" and that worked to constantly hinder the nation from entering into the "kingdom of God." An oppressive religious system, that left the entire nation, spiritually bankrupt, spiritually in need and impoverished, spiritually "imprisoned," a nation spiritually "blind." Thus, Jesus came to "open the eyes of the blind," and "preach the good news to the [spiritually] poor" within the nation of Israel. -- See Matthew 11:5, Luke 11:52.

When we compare Isaiah 61:1 with Luke 4:18, we can begin to discern, that Jesus really saw the religious leaders, the Pharisees & Sadducees of his time, truly comparable to Babylon. Yes, Jesus actually portrayed these oppressive, religious enslavers of people, as those who rendered the nation to a state of abject slavery. As ones who had brought the nation down to a type of spiritual "captivity" to be controlled, by those wicked religious leaders of the nation. Even though, many viewed these religious leaders as "lofty ones" before God, still these proved to be in the end, "disgusting" leaders in God's sight. They proved to be the real villains before God, who had actually had "skinned" and "thrown" the sheep all about, before Jesus came. -- See Matthew 9:36; Luke 16:15.

Therefore, Jesus came in the capacity as a Great "Liberator" of the people. He came, yes, as The "Greater Cyrus," to truly "liberate" the "lost sheep of the House of Israel" from the existing religious tyranny exercised over the nation itself. Jesus came to give a "release" from this special form of spiritual "captivity" imposed upon the nation, by the religious leaders of the nation. And thereby exposing, what we today can consider actually, the first century equivalent of enslaving "Babylon" of his time. As we recall, Jesus' ministry was confined to the nation of Israel. And we remember, he went only to the "lost sheep of the house of Israel," ... those who were truly in spiritual "captivity" to this miniature oppressive "Babylon" of his day. -- Matthew 10:6; Matthew 15:24

So when we think about this, we'd have to say, this is a very interesting idea to ponder over, a provocative thought, wouldn't you say? Namely, that Jesus "liberated" the nation of Israel, with a message of "good news" of "release" from spiritual "Babylon" of his time. Thus, the real reason he quotes from Isaiah 61:1, 2 in the first place.

But lets go a little further with this, lets take a look at Revelation 11:8:

(Revelation 11:8) And their corpses will be on the broad way of THE GREAT CITY which is in a spiritual sense called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was also impaled.

I think we all can agree that this scripture is talking about Jesus’ impalement. As we recall, Jesus was impaled just outside the city of Jerusalem. (Hebrews 13:12, 13) And here the inspired writer refers to Jerusalem as the “great city.” Yes, this is the same "city" that Jesus' "impalement" was associated with...with the city of Jerusalem, the place where Jesus was "impaled." However, we notice this city "Jerusalem," is also called the “great city” ...does this sound familiar? Well, if you are a reader of Revelation then it should. As this phrase (the "great city") is mentioned some eight times in the book of Revelation, referring in all instances to the Greater Mystery, Babylon The Great of our modern-day time. -- See Revelation 11:8; Revelation 16:19; Revelation 17:18; Revelation 18:10, 16, 18, 19, and 21.

Thus we notice, this verse above shows us the city of "Jerusalem" was in a spiritual sense, filthy, decadent, oppressive, tyrannical in God's eyes. Thus, in this "spiritual sense" then, it became comparable to ancient Babylon, which held God's People Israel, in spiritual captivity during Jesus' day. Therefore, above we see:

Jerusalem = Decadent "Sodom"
Jerusalem = Oppressive "Egypt"
Jerusalem = The "Great City" = Babylon, captors of "my people" Israel (Rev. 18:4)

So Jesus has told us something in his own words from Luke 4:18. Jesus quotes Isaiah 61:1 because Jesus also has a “liberating message” for the Jewish nation...a message of "good news." Jehovah God sent his "anointed" Son to "liberate" the nation of Israel with the ‘good news’ or message of "release" from a "miniature" Babylon the Great, so that they would no longer be "captives" to a wicked religious system that guided the nation of Israel at that time.

Of course, we know...not many a ‘hearer of the word,’ will give the above information, real serious consideration. In fact, it becomes just like in Jesus’ day, when many failed to "see," "hear," or recognize the great importance of the message that he preached. (John 12:39, 40) However, if you are one of the ‘chosen ones’ that is truly searching for Divine Truth...if you are one who wishes to "worship God in spirit and truth" (John 4:24), then it is just like the scripture says in Isaiah 61:1, you too can have a “wide opening of the eyes even to the prisoners.”

Just as Jesus said...

(John 10:27) My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

(John 8:47) He that is from God listens to the sayings of God...

(John 18:37) ...He that is on the side of Truth listens to my voice.

6th Angel

***This article was contributed by YORWW Bible Academy found at the LivingWatersForum.com website.***
Manna

Post by Manna »

Wow! interesting. I read this article first thing this morning even before you had recomendid it.

And it is all undenyably true! Oh course how can any lover of righteousness deny these that are presented as true?

its true who is blind? and the fact that all you have to do is search look into the scriptures and see who it is that rev speaks of as the how GOds people were held captive spiritually because they were being oppressed by who? the spirtuall leaders of their day, by their unnessesary burden laws nit pickers they were jesus pointed that out, and then they themselves pointed out by Jesus many time that they were in fact the hypocrates, that they didnt care about the people that were being oppressed they for years gave not their first fruits but sick and lame animals for sacrifices, they say this and that but didnt do, just like now, how many elders turned away little ones, that were abused because they didnt care, and made their own laws and reasonings of how to deal with it, how unloving they acted, when they could have done the right thing in JEhovhas eyes and helped these lttle ones thousands of them,?
but they themselves protected their own children from these criminals not informing the rest of Gods people? re DEcadent sodom.
Oppressive? yes what a burden they have put on gods people to meet so many times a week to go house to house when Jeh didnt even speak it?
jesus said to go to the lost house of Israel to them, what fruitless work they have done because it is them that rev is talking about, they are babylon the great, so how can they babylon preach the good news about themselves/ they have lied to their people after they have commited fornication with the nation and they themselves have been blinded and are under the watchtower spell. they dont listen to JEsus voice the wt, they are of another source. and they are certainly not on the side of the truth, john 18 37 where their are lies their is hypocracy where there is this their can be no jehovah, for God cannot tell lies, titus 1-2
so how blessed is the one that can disern all of this, for that one is on the road leading to everlasting life because what is being said here is all true,
and accurate! Jehovah is near to all those who are earnestly seeking him, and their is no way your gonna find it, if your not searching for it! NO WAY

peace Manna
Madmary1
YORWW Bible Academy Graduate (Alumni)
YORWW Bible Academy Graduate (Alumni)

Post by Madmary1 »

Manna, :bright

Yes, Jesus preached to his people, fellow Jews, a release from their captivity that the Pharisees had them in at the time. Which is very different to what the JW's today preaching to the world, huh?

Yes, they are quite blind! Did not Jesus says "blind guides.."...both will fall into the pit! That is what we see today!

(Matthew 15:14) 14 LET them be. Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit."

Now to preach to "get out of her," you also have to tell these ones where to go too! Just as Jesus did. He brought a "new" covenant, the Christian Covenant. The same is today. We have a NEW covenant, the Scapegoat Covenant. When one covenant is broken another one must come.

Agape,
Mary
:waykool
Are they Hebrews? I am one also. Are they Israelites? I am one also.
Are they Abraham’s seed? I am also.

(2 Corinthians 11:22)
Manna

Post by Manna »

thank you i will read this later i must take my children out today but look forward to reading all that information, about the new covenant, if God wills this than it will be done, without fail, his word is his word, and he doesnt lie. peace manna :!:
Manna

Post by Manna »

by the way where is this article that i can read about the scapgoat cov?
Apollyon (Rev. 9:11)
Chef-In-Training
Chef-In-Training

Post by Apollyon (Rev. 9:11) »

Hi Manna,

The Scapegoat material is to be found on LWF Discussion Board or YORWW Bible Academy. However, we recommend that you gain a full understanding of the written material provided here at CE Discussion Board BEFORE attempting to move on to the deeper information like Scapegoat Covenant. (I'm sure your husband can testify to that fact, that the material is very deep and involved over at LWF. :) )

When you have completed and carefully read over the written material provided here at CE Discussion Board, then all you need to do is fill out the application at the link found below to gain entrance to the YORWW Bible Academy as a Student-Cadet there. Here is the link:

Registration for Living Waters Forum

Hope this helps...and looking forward to many fine bible conversations with you here at CE Board & LWF also.

Agape,

6th Angel
"...say to the sixth angel, who had the trumpet: Untie the four angels that are bound at the GREAT RIVER EUPHRATES." -- Revelation 9:14

Return to “Forum 8: Crossing The Euphrates Away From Babylon The Great!”